Friday, June 16, 2017

You're Turtley Awesome {summertime scrapbook layout}

I live in Florida, therefore I can do summer themed scrapbook layouts with photos that were taken at Christmastime! This photo was my littlest man while we were hanging out in swimsuits in December. It's what we do! (Try not to be jealous, if you live up north!) 

This photo was perfect with FSJ's Spring Into Summer Mini Catalog stamps, like these Turtley Awesome turtles. I LOVE them. They are fun to add color to, and I did a lot of layering on these guys. After stamping them, I dipped them in some blue and green watercolor. While wet, I splattered them with Silk. When it was all dry, I decided the color had dried a little paler than I wanted, so I inked up the Ink Splat stamp, with Catalina Splash ink and I stamped a few little splats onto the turtles. (Then I did the same, with Green Olive ink too!) So these turtles have been stamped, watercolored, and splattered! 
 I did a good bit of layering on this layout, with Under the Sea printed paper, vellum, sparkle tape, and stamping. I inked up the Ink Splat stamp with a little more Catalina Splash ink to tie in on the background and then I added some sea grass, fish, and bubbles. (I went over the bubbles with some Journey Glaze to add shine and dimension! I love all the texture and dimension that came together on this layout, and my boy's smiling face really IS turtley awesome!

Supply list is down below! If you have any questions, leave them in the comments! I'll be back with another summer layout in a few days! Yay! Happy Summer my friends, and thanks for stopping by!



Some of the supplies used on this layout:

Plus, click on over to the FSJ Spring Into Summer Mini catalog to peruse all the summer fun!

No comments: