Thursday, July 13, 2017

Mermaid Kisses {Fun Stampers Journey Bloom Box}

Hello friends! The Mermaid Kisses Stamp Set is so much fun for summer! Mermaid Kisses is the Bloom Box (kit of the month) from Fun Stampers Journey. (Find out all about the Bloom Box, and check out the four beautiful cards you can create!) I created two different cards for you today, one is BRIGHT and cheery and the other is soft and dreamy. So whatever your mood, and whatever your style, I hope one or both of these will inspire you! 


I paired the Turtley Awesome stamp set with both of these cards - that sea grass, y'all. It's my favorite. I couldn't help it! On the bright and cheery card, I stamped the sea grass on Electric Lime cardstock. I stamped the mermaid on white cardstock. To color her, I used Electric Lime Silk, mixed with a little water, plus a splash of Sparkle Silk and painted it on her tail and swim top. Then when it was dry, I added some shading using Color Burst colored pencils. I colored her skin and hair with pencils too. 
I layered up some torn cardstock to create a watery background and then used foam squares to adhere it all together for lots of depth!
 And on the mermaid tail, a little glaze and glitter finished it off!

 For the dreamy and soft mermaid card, I painted on the mermaid's tail color using the Electric Lime Silk, and Sparkle Silk, mixed with  a little Lovely Blue Liquid Color, plus a few drops of water. The Silk and Liquid Color blend together beautifully.

To create the background, I stamped the Ink Splat stamp repeatedly, in Lovely Blue Liquid Color, and then splattered some Silk over the top.

Supplies:

Be sure to check out the July 2017 Bloom Box! You will receive everything you need to create these four beautiful cards!

Thanks you so much for stopping by! Have a beautiful summer day! xoxo






1 comment:

Celeste Goff said...

What fabulous mermaid cards!!!