Friday, November 10, 2017

How to Make Paper Curls with Wrapping Paper

Hellllllo friends! Welcome to day THREE of wrapping paper crafting ideas!  If you missed day one, go there first - but then come back! There are some tips and techniques on how to tame a wild roll of wapping paper that you won't want to miss! 
Today's project features the coolest of the wrapping paper techniques, as well as a really fun die to play with. This sweet envelope die is called My Note, and it creates a darling little envelope, around 3x4 inches. After embellishing my envelope, I created a simple coordinating flat panel card to go inside. It's the perfect size for a gift card, or a mini card - or both!

But let's talk about the wrapping paper on today's project. It's REALLLLLY complicated, and takes a REALLY long time. Are you ready? (I'm totally kidding - it's SO simple.) For these super fun curls, I cut strips of wrapping paper about a half inch wide and then wrapped them around a wooden skewer. Bam. Done. Just wrap them, and then loosely unwrap them, and you have yourself some curly swirly strips to tuck onto a project. Play with different width strips, and with different items to twist around if you'd like! Depending on the paper you use, some things may work better than others. I started with a pencil, but I found the skewer gave me a curlier curl. ;)
Did you notice one other bit of wrapping paper tucked into this project? That strip on the inside card is an extra strip of paper that I cut. The perfect coordinating detail! Thanks so much for coming by today - I hope you enjoyed three days of wrapping paper! When you're hitting the wrapping paper clearance after Christmas this year....keep these projects in mind! You may just be inspired to start using some wrapping paper on YOUR projects now! (And if so...link me up, I'd LOVE to see what you create!) xoxo

Products on today's project:



Did you love this post? Be sure to catch the other two parts of 
Using Wrapping Paper on Handmade Cards! 



2 comments:

JoAnn said...

Great ideas and pretty projects.

Carrie Rhoades said...

BEAUTIFUL projects Laura! I love them so much! Black and white and red, so fun. Thanks for sharing the great ideas with wrapping paper, I must have a roll of that now!